THE Lemon Meringue Pie Shooter- Blowtorch required
THE Lemon Meringue Pie Shooter. Note the all-caps on “THE”. That is not a mistake, this could very well be the best shooter EVER invented in the entire human history. It involves alcohol and needs a blowtorch to make. Best. Shooter. Ever.
I worked at a beautiful restaurant in Whistler, and on a slow night we began experimenting and “testing” new and unique drinks. There must have been some sort of Divine intervention, some sort of blast of inspiration, that helped me with this…
What you’ll need
- 6 x 2 ounce shot glasses (wide)
- 2 oz. Absolute Citron Vodka
- 2 oz. White Creme de Cacao
- Half of a lemon
- Shaker (or just stir in a glass)
- Whip cream (spray is best)
- White sugar
- Blowtorch (yes, I said blowtorch)
- Pour Vodka, Creme de Cacao White over ice in shaker and squeeze in the lemon juice, shake well
- Pour into shot glasses, MAKE SURE to leave just under half empty
- Add whip cream
- Liberally sprinkle sugar on top
- Light the mini torch and brown the sugar (like a creme brule)
- Let the “pie” cool on the window sill (the rim of the glass will be hot!)
- Drink up suckers!
The amazing thing about this shooter is that it caters to most palettes (even the boys) and it has many layers. When you drink it you are first hit with the strength of the vodka, which is them mellowed by the whip cream. It then leaves you happily chewing crispy sugar with a nice long after taste of lemon. The fact that you get to play with a torch is a WIN as well, and is sure to wow your guests.